Make any cloudy day into some yummy fun!
Thanks to this creative blog post: http://mrsdesignher.blogspot.com/2009/11/holiday-entertaining-hot-chocolate-bar.html
Some of the writer's ideas include:
Hot Cocoa Bar How-To’s
- Use fancy mugs. This can be an fun, attractive way to tie in your colors.
- Have a few assortments of flavored hot cocoa. Some favorites that would also act as a perfect base for your guests’ creations would be peppermint, white chocolate, and dark chocolate. Make sure the liquid starts out HOT. The room temperature add-ins will cool the cocoa quickly.
- Finely chop your chunky add-ins so they will melt well.
- Have both liquid and dry options for add-ins.
Hot Cocoa Bar Add-Ins
- Marshmallows (what hot cocoa isn’t complete without this staple?)
- Peppermint sticks
- Flavored syrups
- Flavored whipped cream
- Cinnamon sticks
- Orange twists or rinds
- Chopped up candy bar
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate truffles
- Caramel squares
- Candied ginger