Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tips to Share: Vacation Photo Albums

Just read this in a newsletter from my Creative Memories consultant, Nancy Smith. If you travel, take pictures, and make albums, you may benefit from a tip or two. I now do mainly digital albums, but will adapt some of these ideas for that format. Happy travel!


More from Nancy Smith: http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/nancysmith

Scrappin' Travel Tips
Vacations can be a whirlwind of fun. But it’s easy for the day-to-day details to get blurry when you’re back home trying to create a travel album.

Take a small notebook. Take a few minutes each morning to write what you're anticipating about the day and then a few minutes at the end of each day to write about the day. Use quotes each day in your journaling to make it more special. - Betsie Z.

I always take an accordion folder and label each tab with a date. Then as I get fliers, receipts and other things, I place them in the folder. I also bring a small journal to take notes and mention funny things that happen along the way. Then everything is ready for me to develop the pictures and get started! - Valerie A.

When I went to Disney, I brought my laptop. Each night I took the photos off my camera, put them into Memory Manager and labeled them Day 1, Day 2, etc. Then on the plane ride home, I tagged everyone and was all set to go. We came home with 1,600 images organized by the time our plane landed! - Maria P.


When we travel, I take journaling cards and pens. Before bed each night, everyone writes on his or her own card about the day. It has authentic handwriting and memories. I write the date on the back of each as well. I do the writing for my 4-year-old son, but he tells me his favorite part from the day. I did this for a cruise from two years ago and a beach trip last summer. I also plan to do this for our first Disney trip this summer! - Laura S.

No comments:

Post a Comment